Milton Hershey School celebrates the success of its alumni through three unique award programs.
The Alumni Achievement Award honors three MHS graduates who excel in one of the following categories:
Career Achievement: The award recipient performed unique or significant accomplishments in his or her business or professional career.
Academic Excellence: While pursuing a degree, the honoree held leadership positions within his or her campus community, maintained a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and achieved a level of excellence or GPA to earn summa cum laude, magna cum laude, or cum laude status.
Community Service: The recipient is honored for distinguished involvement in community service or volunteering programs.
Alumnus of the Year
The most prestigious of the alumni awards, Alumnus of the Year award is presented annually to one graduate who demonstrates the following criteria:
- Humanitarianism and exemplary service to others
- High standards of integrity through his or her personal life
- Outstanding achievement in his or her career field
The Alumnus of the Year Award committee also takes into consideration any contributions the alumnus or alumna has made to MHS through involvement in student programming or by assisting MHS Admissions staff with student recruitment efforts.
Spartan Hall of Fame
The Spartan Hall of Fame honors alumni for their athletic achievements or talents in the visual and performing arts while they were students at MHS.
- Alumni candidates must have graduated at least five years before being nominated and must have demonstrated good citizenship while a student and after graduation.
- Current or retired MHS staff who have demonstrated outstanding contributions to the development of MHS students’ lives through service to their respective programs may be considered for induction after at least 10 years of service.
- Named to a high school All-America team
- Individual or team state championship
- National tournament championship
- Selected to the Patriot-News all-league, all-district, all-area, or all-state team
Visual and Performing Arts Criteria:
- Selection to perform or have work performed or exhibited regionally, statewide, nationally, or internationally
- Recognition from a state, national, or international arts adjudication group
- Recognition from a government official or government agency for contributions to the arts or arts education
- Recognition as a significant contributor to the development and growth of the arts