Alumni Building Connections
Overview & Purpose
Connect. Inspire. Empower.
This program is designed to build connections between MHS alumni and the MHS 12th grade students. Through this partnership, alumni serve as champions for character & leadership growth amongst 12th grade students to help them navigate living in a multicultural environment while also preparing for life after MHS. Alumni will be paired with a specific Transitional Living home which includes up to 20 students in each home.
Character & Leadership Development
- Promote the MHS Sacred Values as the basis of good character and cultural competence.
- Provide students with opportunities to build life skills that support strong work ethic and exploration of career aspirations.
- Provide spaces for students to engage with alumni who champion their growth mindset to be their best self.
- Provide leadership opportunities for students to build social and emotional learning skills in the areas of self-awareness & self-management, social awareness & relationship skills, responsible decision-making, and growth mindset.
- One school year commitment to adopt a Transitional Living Home.
- Meet with assigned TL home staff to collaborate expectations and home dynamics.
- Outline means of communication with students and staff.
- Recommendation to commit to at least one meeting a month.
Program Ideas for Connecting
- Collaborate with TL Staff for community service projects
- Host learning forums/workshops
- Schedule check-in sessions
- Join TL home for Dinner at the Health Center (5pm-7pm)
- Attend open all-campus events or specific TL events