Student Loan Repayment Request
MHS alumni must take out an annual student loan as an investment in their own education in order to receive CES support. Follow these steps to request CES funding toward repaying this debt.
You are eligible for CES loan repayment help if all of the following are true:
- You graduated from MHS in 2011 or later
- After you started receiving CES support, you graduated with your post-secondary degree within 6 years.
- The notification that GPS emailed to you during your final college term reports that you still have CES funds remaining.
Only student loans used toward standard tuition, fees, room & board costs during terms when you were eligible for CES funds may qualify for repayment assistance.
Step 1. Check How Much CES Could Repay
Depending on how you managed your borrowing during college, your loan debt may be higher than the amount MHS required you to borrow. Any debt over your MHS-required amount is your responsibility to repay.
- Review how much MHS required you to borrow
Log into your MyCES portal. On the screen called Summary: Remaining Funds, check the following:
- Remaining CES Funds
- Potential Loan Repayment (total loan MHS required you to borrow)
MHS can pay your lender the amount that we required you to borrow or the amount of your Remaining CES Funds, whichever is less.
- Review how much your borrowed
Use your FSA ID and password to log into https://studentaid.gov . Your Main Dashboard screen shows your loan principal and interest.
Step 2. Submit Documents to GPS
GPS doesn’t automatically send a loan repayment for you.
Within 6 months of earning your post-secondary degree, you must:
- Complete CES Loan Repayment Request Form. If our e-sign form is incompatible with your device, email [email protected] to request a PDF.
- Upload to GPS File Drop:
- Final academic transcript showing your degree and date earned (unofficial from college portal is fine)
- 2 PDF’s explained on the Request Form above:
- Main Dashboard screen
- Loan Servicer Details screen
Step 3. Confirm that CES Payment was Received
After you have completed Step 2, allow 2-3 weeks for GPS processing. When we make the payment directly to your loan servicer, we will mail you a copy of our payment letter, noting any special guidance that may apply to you.
Check your loan servicer’s portal 2-3 weeks after you receive our payment letter. Confirm that the CES payment is showing on your account. If not, contact your loan servicer.
If you have any CES Bonus Funds remaining, that payment will automatically be made to you at the time of our student loan payment.