Student Loan Repayment Request
MHS alumni must take out an annual student loan as an investment in their own education in order to receive CES support. Follow these steps to request CES funding toward repaying this debt.
You are eligible for CES loan repayment help if all of the following are true:
- You graduated from MHS in 2011 or later
- After you started receiving CES support, you graduated with your post-secondary degree within 6 years.
- The notification that GPS emailed to you during your final college term reports that you still have CES funds remaining.
Only student loans used toward standard tuition, fees, room & board costs during terms when you were eligible for CES funds may qualify for repayment assistance.
Step 1. Check How Much CES Could Repay
Depending on how you managed your borrowing during college, your loan debt may be higher than the amount MHS required you to borrow. Any debt over your MHS-required amount is your responsibility to repay.
- Review how much MHS required you to borrow
For this amount, see your CES summary that GPS emailed you during your final college term.
- Review how much you borrowed
To access your individual borrowing history, log into the National Student Loan Data System with your FSA ID (click “Financial Aid Review”). Check…
- Your Aid Summary
- Your loan servicer contracted by the U.S. government to manage your student loan repayment
In the next step, you will report to GPS your loan servicer and your account number, plus submit two NSLDS screens.
Step 2. Submit Documents to GPS
GPS doesn’t automatically send a loan repayment for you.
Within 6 months of earning your post-secondary degree, you must:
- Complete CES Loan Repayment Request Form. If our e-sign form is incompatible with your device, email [email protected] to request a PDF.
- Upload to GPS File Drop:
- Final academic transcript showing your degree and date earned (unofficial from college portal is fine)
- Diploma (legible scan or photo)
- 2 PDF’s from your student loan borrowing history on the National Student Loan Data System (log into “Financial Aid Review” with your FSA ID):
- Aid Summary page listing all your loans and grants
- Click the first loan listed to reach the Detail Loan Information page
Step 3. Confirm that CES Payment was Received
After you have completed Step 2, allow 2-3 weeks for GPS processing. When we make the payment directly to your loan servicer, we will mail you a copy of our payment letter, noting any special guidance that may apply to you.
Check your loan servicer’s portal 2-3 weeks after you receive our payment letter. Confirm that the CES payment is showing on your account. If not, contact your loan servicer.
If you have any CES Bonus Funds remaining, that payment will automatically be made to you at the time of our student loan payment.