Higher Education Support
Connect with Higher Education Support Specialists for help with academic, financial, and general advisement during college.
Higher Education Support Specialists
Higher Education Support Specialists work with recent MHS graduates as they pursue postsecondary education. Through regular communication and visits to the graduates’ college campuses, they provide academic, financial, and personal advisement.
- Graduates are expected to communicate monthly with their Higher Education Support Specialist through text, phone calls and/or email & attend college visits.
- Specialists serve as an advocate to graduates throughout their postsecondary journey. Regular communication between graduates and specialists ensures meaningful guidance, direction and support.
The specialists also work closely with CES staff and higher education partners at postsecondary institutions to promote graduates’ educational success.
At the end of each term the Higher Education Support Specialists review all graduates’ college transcripts to ensure CES standards and progress towards degree completion.
- Upload your Unofficial Transcript (must include term and cumulative GPA & credits earned). View sample.
Who is My Higher Education Support Specialist?
Higher Education Support Specialists visit college campuses within a 3.5-hour radius of Milton Hershey School that have a high number of MHS graduates attending.
There are three Higher Education Support Specialists who cover the following territories:
Zavier (Tony) Bookard:
4-year institutions (West)
4-year institutions (East)
All community colleges, technical institutions, culinary and certificate programs plus Moravian College and Wilkes University
The Pennsylvania and U.S. maps below show each specialists’ coverage area for 4-year institutions.
Recommended Higher Education Institutions
Milton Hershey School is currently developing partnership agreements with select higher education institutions in order to improve college persistence and degree completion among our graduates. These schools often offer the following personalized support to students:
- Dedicated faculty/staff members specifically for MHS graduates
- First-generation student programs
- Campus employment
We encourage graduates to consider these institutions when developing or changing their GPS Plan.
- Bloomsburg University
- Dickinson College
- East Stroudsburg University
- Indiana University of PA
- Lebanon Valley College
- Lehigh University
- Lock Haven University
- Manor College
- Mansfield University
- Messiah College
- Millersville University
- Moravian College
- Mount St. Mary’s University
- Northampton Community College
- Penn College of Technology
- Penn State University
- Shippensburg University
- Susquehanna University
- Temple University
- Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
- Universal Technical Institute
- University of Pittsburgh
- Widener University
- Wilkes University