Skip to content


How do I contact my Higher Education Support Specialist?

You can reach your Higher Education Support Specialist the following ways:
Email: [email protected]


(888) MHS-ALUM
(888) 647-2586


How many credits do I need to earn each semester to remain CES eligible?

15 credits per semester if you are attending a 4-year college.
12 credits per semester if you are attending a 2-year college.

What is the GPA requirement needed to remain CES eligible?

You must earn at least a 2.0 GPA each semester AND overall to remain CES eligible.

What should I do if I want to change my GPS Plan?

When you graduated from MHS, your GPS Plan was approved based on your academic performance and the amount of CES funds you accrued. Now as a graduate, any potential changes to your approved GPS Plan need to be communicated to your Higher Education Support Specialist for review by the GPS Plan Review Committee. 

Changing your major and/or transferring to another college is considered a New GPS Plan.

What should I do if I want to change my major?

Please contact your Higher Education Support Specialist.

Changing your major could change your anticipated graduation date from college. Any changes to your GPS Plan need to be communicated to your Higher Education Support Specialist for approval by the GPS Plan Review Committee to ensure that your GPS Plan is still feasible.

What should I do if I am struggling academically?

If you are struggling academically, the first step you should take is to have a conversation with your professor regarding the issues you are facing in class. This demonstrates your commitment to your academics and will help you establish a relationship with your professor. Second, visit the Academic Advising or Student Success office on your campus. This office can assist you with developing a plan to succeed as a scholar. Also, contact your Higher Education Support Specialist for guidance to avoid jeopardizing your CES.

What should I do if I am struggling with my college transition or socially on my college campus?

The Office of Residence Life or Student Affairs is a great place to start if you are struggling with your college transition or interested in joining an organization or club on campus. Getting involved connects you to the college community and helps you make new friends!

Please contact your Higher Education Support Specialist for assistance in connecting with other Milts on or near your campus.

What should I do if I receive a “refund” from my college?

Please do not spend the “refund” and contact the GPS office immediately for assistance in figuring out why you received a “refund”. A “refund” is often the result of over-borrowing of student loans (personal debt that you will have to repay) or an over-payment made to your college.

Who can help me if I have to complete a financial aid verification process?

Your college’s financial aid office is your best resource. They can provide you with a list of required documentation and steps you will need to take in order to complete the verification and receive financial aid for the upcoming academic year. Please work closely with them and complete the steps in a timely manner. We also recommend that you contact the GPS office to alert them you were selected and to receive any additional guidance you may need. More details about verification.

What are the most important offices to locate on my college campus?

  • Academic Advising/Success Office
    • Assists students in succeeding as scholars.
  • Financial Aid
    • Assists you through the process of obtaining financial assistance to pay for college.
  • Bursar/Business Office
    • Manages all student payments such as tuition and fees.
  • Registrar
    • Responsible for all aspects of student registration and academic records.
  • Health/Counseling Center
    • Assists students in leading a healthy lifestyle as well as providing preventive medicine and health education.
  • Office of Disabilities
    • Coordinates academic accommodations and related services for students with learning and physical disabilities.
  • Career Center
    • Assists students develop a career plan by exploring skills and interests related to the world of work.

Update My Information

To stay connected and keep you informed about your MHS family, we need your current contact information. Take a minute to submit any address, phone, or email changes.


About Us

The Alumni Relations team works to ensure all Spartans have the resources needed to build a successful career and life after graduation.

©2021 Milton Hershey School, all rights reserved.